We are looking for an Events Marketing & Inside Sales Assistant to support the Marketing Manager, Business Development and Operations Team in all ELRIG’s marketing and sales activities, as well as day to day implementation of marketing tasks. This position supports the professional production of ELRIG’s events by ensuring that ELRIG clearly and efficiently communicates our science content to our delegates in a timely manner, via appropriate channels and will also support the rest of ELRIG’s operations various tasks.
WHO WE ARE
The European Laboratory Research & Innovation Group (ELRIG) is a leading European not-for-profit organization that exists to provide outstanding scientific content to the life science community. The foundation of the organisation is based on the use and application of automation, robotics and instrumentation in life science laboratories, but over time, we have evolved to respond to the needs of biopharma by developing scientific programmes that focus on cutting-edge research areas that have the potential to revolutionize drug discovery.
Comprised of a global community of over 12,000 life science professionals, participating in our events, whether it be at one of our scientific conferences or one of our networking meetings, will enable any of our community to exchange information, within disciplines and across academic and biopharmaceutical organisations, on an open access basis, as all our events are free-of-charge to attend!
ROLE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting the Marketing & Communication Manager in rolling out a results-driven, multi-platform communications strategy and plan in line with corporate and brand direction while reflecting local priorities.
- Supporting the building of ELRIG’s marketing calendar with the Marketing & Communication Manager, liaise with Operations Team to flag marketing timelines for events and activities/partnerships. Ensuring all adhere to the deadlines set.
- Coordinating the production of marketing materials and collateral in line with brand direction, securing content as needed.
- Initiating the writing of web and social copy as needed, in line with ELRIG’s tone of voice.
- Assisting in the managing of marketing content used in marketing materials.
- Ensuring all activities comply with GDPR regulations.
- Creating regular performance reports on ELRIG marketing campaigns. Track key metrics for email, social and website. Course corrections as required.
- Keeping on top of marketing trends and monitor competitors, bring new initiatives and ideas forward for increasing the ELRIG network.
- Supporting the Marketing & Communications Manager with implementing online marketing activities including social media, SEO/SEM, demand generation, lead generation, etc.
- Building relationships and liaise with partners and vendors/agencies to develop assets to support communications and marketing activities.
- Supporting business development with management of the customer relationship database (ZoHo) and associated sales records.
- Sales support through production of quotations, follow-up of inbound enquiries and customer contact.
- Maintaining ELRIG’s website and help with developments and improvements so it enhances and supports ELRIG’s business goals.
- Being completely familiar with business platforms used to support ELRIGs business functions, e.g., MailChimp, ZoHo, and EventsAir etc and to complete training as necessary.
- Supporting the Marketing & Science Communications Manager in nurturing ELRIG’s delegate community.
- Attending and supporting ELRIG events across the UK and internationally, being an ambassador for ELRIG and representing the organisation’s vision and purpose.
- You have a degree in Life Sciences, or a related field.
- You have exceptional verbal & written communication skills.
- You have some experience in a customer-facing role and a willingness to work with people.
- Some knowledge of content development and SEM.
- You have a high level of attention to detail, including a proven ability to manage multiple and competing priorities simultaneously.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and are adept at building relationships with different stakeholders.
- You must be UK based
All ELRIG employees are required to ensure that they:
- Communicate effectively with other team members and provide feedback where necessary.
- Treat all colleagues and partners with dignity and respect.
- Maintain records as appropriate and ensure all related documents are filed in an orderly manner.
- Maintain and update records relating to working practices and procedures for use by other team members.
- Travel to industry events or business events where applicable.
- Pursue continuing professional development in relation to the role and its duties and responsibilities as agreed through appraisals or at other times.
- Undertake ad hoc assignments from time to time and other duties as requested by management.
- Understand and ensure the full observation of your contract of employment, the companies operating procedures and policies and its health and safety obligations.
- Have a good understanding of Corporate Social Responsibility and propose ways in which you and your team can make a positive impact.
- Ensure ethical and sustainable values are maintained at all times.